Information we collect and how we collect it:
Definition of Personal Data: We use the term “Personal Data” to refer to any data you provide in relation to the use of our Website by which you can be personally identified. Personal Data may include things such as your name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
We obtain Personal Data from you in a number of ways:
Personal Data provided by you: We collect your name, email/mailing address, telephone and other information you directly give us on our Website; and Personal Data automatically obtained by A.G.Erotocritou LLC: We automatically collect data (such as type of operating system, IP address, usage details, access information about your use and actions on our Website) when you use our Website.
We only obtain Personal Data about you when you submit it to us, such as when subscribing to a newsletter or legal article or requesting information.
How we use Personal Data collected: We use Personal Data collected or obtained when you use our Website:
(i) To ensure compliance with our Terms & Conditions;
(ii) to make available and to improve our high standard of reliable services;
(iii) to diagnose any technical problems;
(iv) For internal research purposes (e.g. to better design or improve the content and functionality of our Website);
(v) For market research (if you have indicated that you wish us to use your Personal Data in this way);
(vi) To provide the information and services you request or to respond to feedback;
(vii) To give your Personal Data to affiliate offices which may be located outside the EEA in order to enable them to contact you regarding your query (if you have indicated that you wish us to use your Personal Data in this way);
(viii) To send you client bulletins or other information that may be of interest to you (if you have indicated that you wish us to use your Personal Data in this way); and
(ix) For security (such as fraud-prevention purposes).
Accessing your Personal Data:
Our task is to use your Personal Data only as directed and to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. In case you want to exercise your right to review a copy of, amend or erase the Personal Data we hold about you or would like us to stop using your Personal Data in the manner in which you approved or if you have any questions about our use of your Personal Data, please contact us as set out below. As permitted by applicable law, a nominal fee may be charged for each personal data access request that you make. If you request us to remove your Personal Data, we reserve the right to retain such Personal Data of yourself as is necessary to comply with any legal, audit, internal and record-keeping requirements.
Disclosure of Personal Data:
We assure you that we will not trade, rent or sell in any way your Personal data to third parties, however, we reserve the right to share your Personal Data in the following instances:
• Service Providers – We may share your Personal Data with operational service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf, such as online recruiting, credit card verification, storage fulfilment, disaster recovery and web-hosting service providers. We always request that our service providers protect your privacy in every possible manner and we prohibit them from using your Personal Data for their own marketing purposes;
• For The Purpose You Provide It – We may share your Personal Data to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
• Compliance with Laws and Protection of our Rights – We may share Personal Data in order to comply with applicable laws or if we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, regulation, a court or other legal process. We may also disclose Personal Data if we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft or to protect our own rights or property, or to resolve any problems or inquiries or property, or to protect the rights, property or safety of others;
• Violation of our Terms & Conditions - If we believe your use of our Website has or may violate any law, regulation or our Terms & Conditions;
• To other lawyers – We may share your Personal Data with other lawyers or affiliates with whom we have a cooperation on a specific project, case or matter; and
• With your Consent - We may share Personal Data for a purpose to which you provide your prior express consent. Save as described above, we refrain from disclosing any information about your visits to our Website or other information which identifies you to any third parties unless we have your prior express consent.
Cookies: When you visit our Website, we and/or the persons who host or provide maintenance on our Website may use technology that can realize, collect, and transmit information that is associated with you, but which does not personally identify you. Cookies are bits of texts or small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain websites for record keeping purposes. Reference to “cookies” means software or technology that can collect, transmit or recognize information about your visits to our Website. “Cookie” information typically includes data such as your type of internet browser, screen resolution, operating system software and other technical data related to your visit. Cookies are not used to identify you and will not collect personally identifiable information. Cookies may also record the manner that you use our Website, the pages you visit and your preferences for features and functions. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the possibility to configure your browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to notify you at the time when a cookie is received and to disable cookies already existing. If, however, you elect to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use certain parts of our Website.
Security: In order to ensure the correct processing of information and prevent unauthorized access by third parties, we have established appropriate procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. More specifically, the servers we store Personal Data in are kept in a secure physical environment and we undertake to take reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new methods available and ensure that we continuously use accepted industry standards to protect your Personal Data provided to us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secured and guaranteed. Although we make every effort to safeguard your Personal Data and privacy in general, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us. Notwithstanding any measures we take to protect your Persona Data, we cannot guarantee that: (i) such security measures will prevent our computers from being accessed illegally, and (ii) the Personal Data on them being stolen, misused or altered. You remain solely responsible for the security of your computer at all times and we may not have any responsibility whatsoever for destruction or inappropriate disclosure of your Personal Data. For your own protection, you are strongly encouraged to: (i) virus-check software when using our Website; (ii) avoid posting or providing to us via the Website, any document which you believe may contain a virus; and (i) virus check any document which you intend to post or provide to us via the Website.
Transfer of Personal Data around the world:
Links to other Sites:
You may choose not to receive materials or communications regarding A.G.Erotocritou LLC by simply notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt and processing of such a request, A.G.Erotocritou LLC shall, in due course, remove your Personal Data from any future unsolicited communications. Please note that your request not to receive any materials or communications will not apply to data that you request to receive.